Australian Curriculum English Language: Text Structure and Organisation Year 5
Australian Curriculum English – Language: Text structure and organisation, Foundation to Year 6, is a series of seven books written specifically to support the new national English curriculum. These books contain a comprehensive range of resources to assist teachers in implementing the sub-strand of Text structure and organisation within the Language strand of English. All content descriptions of the sub-strand have been included. While each book focuses on this sub-strand, interrelated links to other strands of Literature and Literacy have been incorporated.
Each section of the book supports a specific content description of the sub-strand and follows a consistent format which includes the following information over a number of pages:
- Teacher information, with an explanation of related terms from the content description
- Student vocabulary
- An explanation of what the content description means
- Teaching points
- Elaborations based on the content description
- Activities to develop the content description
- Blackline masters for students
- Resource sheets including card games, reference charts and strategy suggestions
- Assessment checklist
- Interrelated English links for other strands
- Table showing the language modes, general capabilities and cross-curriculum priorities covered in each content description
- Answers for blackline master activities.
|Year Level||Year 5|