Billy Elliot Student Book (Common Module)
The Billy Elliot Student Book is a study of Stephen Daldry's film, Billy Elliot for the NSW Stage 6 English Year 12 Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences. By engaging in close reading of the film, alongside Susan B. Anthony's 'On Women's Right to Vote', Robert Frost's 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening', Alfred Lord Tennyson's 'The Lady of Shalott', George Orwell's 'The Sporting Spirit' and Geraldine Brook's 'A Home in Fiction', students will develop their knowledge of how texts provide insight into the emotions, behaviour, and motivations that form the core of human experiences.
To help students master the critical thinking, reading, and writing skills the Common Module demands, a variety of analytical, creative, discursive, and reflective activities have been included in this student book. By completing these earnestly and diligently, students' skills and confidence in using disciplinary specific language, literary devices, and textual concepts in response to different texts is guaranteed to improve. This students book is a highly valuable resource both students and teachers of the NSW Stage 6 English Year 12 Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences. It includes:
- A variety of engaging classroom activities to develop skills in comprehension, analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of texts
- Texts from the Standard and Advanced English Module C: The Craft of Writing, including structured writing tasks modelled on the Paper 2 examination questions for Module C.
- Film, poetry and nonfiction texts
- Texts regarded as quality literature
- Texts that represent a variety of cultural, social and gender perspectives
- Access to the full text of literary works covered throughout the study
|Year Level||Year 12|
|Date of Publication||2019|