Blake's Learning Centres: AC Maths Year 5
Blake's Learning Centres are a wonderful, motivating way for students to practise important skills. The 10 Centres in this book are self-contained and portable, and students can work individually or in a group. Once you've made the Centres, they are ready to use at any time.
This book contains full-colour materials to construct 10 easy-to-make Centres. A Teacher Instructions' page is included with each Centre, as well as a Centre Checklist for recording students' progress.
The Centres contain:
- student directions/cover page
- task cards and/or mat(s)
- reproducible written practice sheets
- answer key
Each Centre supports the Australian Mathematics Curriculum for the Year 5 by providing fun practice in key maths skills.
- using estimation and rounding to check calculations
- comparing, ordering and representing decimals
- adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators
- displaying and interpreting data on a plot line
- calculating the perimeter and area of rectangles
- computing probabilities for simple chance events
|Year Level||Year 5|