The text delivered in print format.
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code located in the Print Textbook.
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is downloaded from Cambridge GO using the same 16-character code that is used to activate your Interactive Textbook
Cambridge Legal Studies Stage 6 Fifth Edition continues to provide the most up-to-date and relevant information, legislation, case studies and statistics on all aspects of the law in an accessible, student friendly resource package for NSW Stage 6 Legal Studies.
With comprehensive coverage of all core and optional syllabus topics, students can easily grasp the principles of the law and prepare for success in their examinations.
The fifth edition contains:
- updated case studies, media articles, legislation and statistics that reflect recent changes in the law
- new topical case studies in Year 11 including Behrouz Boochani, and the 2019 Christchurch massacre
- even greater exam and assessment preparation support, including dot-point summaries of themes and challenges, chapter summaries, additional exam-style multiple-choice and extended-response questions and more
- updated ‘Review’ and ‘Research’ activities that provide Assessment for Learning* opportunities to help students recognise if their current knowledge and understanding is on track
- an Interactive Textbook that brings legal studies to life through rich media, rollover glossary definitions, interactive activities, extended material and complete coverage of the HSC options.
- Part 1: The legal system
- 1 Basic legal concepts
- 2 Sources of contemporary Australian law
- 3 Classification of law
- 4 Law reform
- 5 Law reform in action
- Part 2: The individual and the law
- 6 Your rights and responsibilities
- 7 Resolving disputes
- 8 Contemporary issue: The individual and technology
- Part 3: Law in practice
- Issue 1: Groups or individuals suffering disadvantage
- 9 Children and young people
- 10 Women
- 11 Migrants (digital-only chapter)
- 12 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (digital only chapter)
- 13 People who have a mental illness (digital-only chapter)
- Issue 2: Events that highlight legal issues
- 14 The Bali Nine
- 15 Alcohol and violence (digital-only chapter)
- 16 The Port Arthur massacre
- Issue 3: Individuals or groups in conflict with the state
- 17 Julian Assange
- 18 Outlaw motorcycle gangs (digital-only chapter)
- 19 Behrouz Boochani
- 20 Mohamed Haneef (digital-only chapter)
- 21 The Northern Territory National Emergency Response (digital-only chapter)
- Issue 4: Criminal or civil cases that raise issues of interest to students
- 22 The Christchurch massacre
- 23 Facebook and social media privacy issues