The text delivered in print format.
Interactive Textbook, powered by Cambridge HOTmaths
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning ex perience, and when connected to a class teacher account offers a powerful Learning Management System. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code found in the Print Textbook
PDF Textbook available in the interactive textbook
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes and bookmark pages. It is downloaded through your account using the same unique 16-character code that is found in the Print Textbook.
CambridgeMATHS Stage 6 combines proven approaches to teaching and learning with innovative digital capabilities and complete syllabus coverage of the new Stage 6 courses to guide students to HSC success.
Proven teaching and learning approaches
Logical and manageable topic development is combined with graded questions, step-by-step worked examples, key point summaries and exam-style questions in an uncluttered layout that is easy to follow.
Carefully developed questions
Carefully developed, creative and rigorous questions help students understand concepts and develop mathematical skills. Questions are categorised as Foundation, Development and Challenge or Enrichment in the Advanced and Extension resources, assisting teachers in differentiating learning for their students. There are more carefully graded questions available for students looking for a Band 3 and 4 achievement and clearly differentiated enrichment material for those aiming for a Band 5 and 6.
Revision of prior knowledge included
Year 12 users have access to the Year 11 resources for revision. For Advanced and Extension, chapters revising essential prior knowledge are included where needed and a review exercise is provided for every chapter.
Exceptional exam preparation
Superior exam preparation support includes: questions in the style of the examination, investigations, and chapter reviews for every chapter.
Interactive Textbook Features
- Videos for key worked examples and concepts help to develop a deep understanding of fundamental skills and enable students to work independently.
- Embedded interactive Desmos widget activities help students to visualise mathematical concepts.
- Students can complete every question online, if desired, and submit their workings and answers to the teacher. Auto-marked multiple-choice questions provide students with immediate feedback.
- Graphs and equations
- Sequences and series
- Extension 1: Mathematical induction
- Curve-sketching using calculus
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Extension 1: Trigonometric equations
- Motion and rates
- Extension 1: Further calculus
- Extension 1: Vectors and projectile motion
- Application of series
- Displaying and interpreting data
- Continuous probability distributions
- Extension 1: The binomial distribution