Close Study of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: a student workbook (Print)
Close Study of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: a student workbook is mapped to new NSW HSC English Stage 6 syllabus, specifically English Standard Module B: Close Study of Literature (2019-23 Prescriptions).
Students will study Mark Haddon’s The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by engaging in a detailed analysis of the text and consideration of how the text affects them personally. They will explore Haddon’s personal context and the distinctive qualities of the text including narrative elements such as structure, characters, key ideas, themes and setting. Students will also analyse how ideas, form and language of a text interact within the text and affect the responder as well as examine key scenes in the novel. Students will be guided through the process of writing a close study of text essay.
- Part 1: Introduction to the novel
- Part 2: Haddon's context, key ideas and concepts in the novel
- Part 3: Exploring distinctive features: structure, form and genre in the novel
- Part 4: Exploring content in the novel
- Part 5: Exploring language forms and features
- Part 6: Writing a close study essay
|Year Level||Year 12|
|Date of Publication||2018|
|Subject||English, English Standard|