Geography NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum Stage 4 Years 7 and 8 Textbook and Interactive Textbook
The text delivered in print format.
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is downloaded from Cambridge GO using the same 16-character code used to activate the Interactive Textbook.
Interactive Textbook - 2 year access
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code supplied with the Print Textbook.
Foster curiosity, understanding and respect for the places, environments and people of our world.
Developed as two separate stage books to provide the flexibility to teach content over either year level, Geography NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum caters for the range of learning styles and abilities in New South Wales classrooms without sacrificing depth and quality of content.
- Provides an inquiry-based approach to support the study of geography, with complete coverage of the NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum.
- Helps students become informed, responsible and active citizens as they explore and question key concepts and apply essential skills and tools to study the places, peoples, cultures and environments that make up our world.
- Written by highly experienced teachers and renowned academics from across Australia. Series Editor, Kate Thompson, offers extensive experience and an understanding of what works in NSW classrooms.
- The included Interactive Textbook offers additional content, together with a host of rich media resources and interactive activities, to bring the study of geography to life.
Topic 1 Landscapes and Landforms
- 1 Landscapes and landforms
- 2 Value of landscapes and landforms
- 3 Changing landscapes
- 4 Landscape management and protection
- 5 Investigating a contemporary geomorphic hazard
Topic 2 Place and Liveability
- 6 Influences and perceptions
- 7 Access to services and facilities
- 8 Environmental quality
- 9 Community
- 10 Enhancing liveability
Topic 3 Water in the World
- 11 Water resources
- 12 The water cycle
- 13 Australia’s water resources
- 14 Water scarcity and water management
- 15 The value of water
- 16 Investigating a contemporary natural hazard
Topic 4 Interconnections
- 17 Personal connections
- 18 Technology
- 19 Trade
- 20 Production and consumption
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8|