- Written to the Australian Curriculum.
- Students respond to each unit both factually and inferentially.
- Inquiry questions addressed.
- Each unit is comprised of stimulus texts followed by activities that further develop students’ knowledge, skills and understandings.
- Stimulus texts presented in both textual and visual form including recounts of historical events, biographies, portraits, retrieval charts and tables, contemporary and modern maps, contemporary illustrations, photographs, timelines, breakout boxes, lists, journal entries and eyewitness accounts.
- 16 units, each providing a minimum two weeks’ work for Years 3-6.
- 8 units, with each providing 4-5 weeks’ work for Years F-2.
- Further resources and activities to extend each topics are provided on the CD-ROM.
A supporting teacher’s CD-ROM contains extra information and activities including a full digital PDF copy of the book (non-printable), blackline master worksheets, computer-based directed research activities, Australian Curriculum content descriptions, assessment tasks, extension activities, term programs, background information and teacher notes.