History Transformed NSW Stage 5 (print and interactive textbook)
The text delivered in print format.
Interactive Textbook powered by Cambridge Edjin
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code supplied with the Print Textbook.
The downloadable offline version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is available from Cambridge GO using the unique 16-character code that is included with the purchase of the Print Textbook and the Interactive Textbook.
History Transformed for Stage 4 and Stage 5 has been written by experienced NSW teachers who bring an empathetic understanding of the curriculum and of the needs of today’s history classroom to the entire resource package.
- Overviews are presented in the text as engaging double page spreads with timelines and maps at the start of each section, and a more detailed video to introduce the topic that students can watch in class or at home. Further overview material is integrated where appropriate, with each chapter containing at least one activity that explicity draws on overview content.
- Concepts and skills development are embedded throughout the course in a range of actvities that help students to make the necessary connections between the skill and the subject matter. These activities are tagged with the relevant skills and concepts being addressed so that teachers can ensure all syllabus areas are covered.
A huge range of activities and assessment tools:
- About the authors
- How to use this resource
- The Making of the Modern World
- Depth study 1 – Making a Better World?
- 1 The Industrial Revolution
- 2 Movement of peoples
- 3 Progressive ideas and movements (digital-only)
- Depth study 2 – Australia and Asia
- 4 Making a nation
- 5 Asia and the world: Vietnam
- Depth study 3 – Australians at War
- 6 Australians at War: World War I
- 7 Australians at War: World War II
- The Modern World and Australia
- Depth study 4 – Rights and Freedoms
- 8 Rights and freedoms
- Depth study 5 – The Globalising World
- 9 Popular culture
- 10 The environment movement
- 11 Migration experiences
- Depth study 6 – School developed topics drawn from either of the overviews
- 12 The Holocaust (digital-only)
- 13 Australia, the Cold War and Vietnam
|Year Level||Year 9, Year 10|
|Date of Publication||4 December 2020|