HSC Ancient History Study Guide (2019 Syllabus)
This Ancient History Seminars study guide gives HSC students direct access to the most recent interpretations and the most up-to-date research in the Ancient History Syllabus .
- timelines and definitions of key terms and concepts
- content outlines in point form cover the essentials of each topic
- new theories and different interpretations are highlighted
- advice for HSC examination preparation and thirty exam-style questions.
- 1. Success in the HSC Ancient History examination. Introduction
- Section I: Core Study
- 2. Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Section II: Ancient Societies
- 3. Greece: The Bronze Ages - Society in Minoan Crete
- 4. Spartan Society to the Battle of Leuctra
- Section III: Personalities and their times
- 5. Egypt - Hapshetsut
- 6. Egypt - Akhenaten
- 7. The Near East - Xerxes
- 8. Rome - Agrippina the Younger
- Section IV: Historical Periods
- 9. New Kingdom Egypt to the death of Thutmoses IV
- 10. New Kingdom Egypt from Amenhotep III to the death of Ramesses II
- 11. Greece: The Greek World 500-440 BC
- 12. Rome: The Augustan Age 44 BC-AD 14
- 13. Rome: The Julio-Claudians and the Roman Empire AD 14-69
About the Author
Dr Brian Brennan is an experienced teacher who for many years marked HSC papers. He is the author of HSC textbooks on the Cities of Vesuvius, Spartan Society and the Minoans.
|Date of Publication
||Ancient History, History
We found other products you might like!