Kodansha's Furigana Japanese Dictionary
This title is not always in stock but is available to order.
A comprehensive, communicative, and practical guide to using Japanese, Kodansha’s Furigana Japanese Dictionary is an invaluable tool for anyone with an interest in the Japanese language. It has been edited with the needs of English-speaking users in mind, whether students, teachers, business people, or casual linguists, and special care has been taken at each stage of its compilation including the selection of entry words and their equivalents, the wording of the detailed explanations of Japanese words, the choice of example sentences, and even its functional page design to maximize its usefulness.
Combining Kodansha's Furigana Japanese-English Dictionary (1995) and Kodansha's Furigana English-Japanese Dictionary (1996) in one portable. affordable, and user-friendly volume, this dictionary has the following unique features:
- A basic vocabulary of 30,000 entries covers the most frequently used English and Japanese words
- Special treatment has been given to hundreds of words, names, and phrases of special relevance to English-speaking students of Japanese
- Semantic and usage differences between Japanese words and expressions are explained in clear English
- Thousands of example sentences and phrases illustrate how Japanese words are used in context
- Special information is provided on verb conjugations, formality, and other aspects of Japanese grammar and usage
|Date of Publication||2012|
|Subject||Foreign Languages, Japanese|