Mastering Mathematics Topic by Topic Primary 3A/B
This series of books was written in accordance with the latest Primary Mathematics Syllabus issued by the Ministry of Education, Singapore. It is recommended for extension work for students performing at a high level in mathematics in Year 3 in Australia.
The primary purpose of the series is to help pupils generate greater interest in Mathematics and gain more confidence in solving mathematics problems. To achieve this, special features are incorporated in the series.
- Topical revision enables pupils of mixed abilities to be exposed to a good variety of questions which are of varying levels of difficulty. This helps them develop a better understanding of mathematical concepts and their applications.
- Mid-Year and End-of-Year Revision provides pupils with a good review of the topics learnt for the necessary practice and reinforcement in preparing them for semestral examinations.
- Take the Challenge! deepens students' mathematical concepts and helps develop their mathematical reasoning and higher-order thinking skills as they apply their problem-solving strategies.
- More challenging problems stimulate students' interest through challenging and thought-provoking problems which encourage them to think critically and creatively as they apply their knowledge and ability to solve these problems.
- Why this series? Students will find this series of books a good complement and supplement to school textbooks and worksbooks. The comprehensive coverage certainly makes this series a valuable resource for teachers, parents and tutors.
The contributors to the series hope that it will inspire young students to achieve better mathematical competency and greater problem-solving skills in mathematics.
Topics covered in 3A
- Numbers to 10000
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and Division by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10
- Multiplication and Division by 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Addition and Subtraction (Mental Calculation)
Also contains Mid-Year Revision section
Topics covered in 3B
- Area and Perimeter
- End of Year Revision
- More Challenging Problems
|Year Level||Year 3, Year 4|
|Date of Publication||2012|