Mastering Section I: Texts and Human Experiences Student Book
Mastering Section I: Texts and Human Experiences Student Book has been designed to help students develop the critical reading, thinking, and writing skills they need to successfully complete Section I of the Paper 1: Texts and Human Experiences English examination. To complete Section I successfully, students need to develop skills in two key areas:
- Reading and analysing texts quickly and accurately for how they represent individual and/or collective human experiences.
- Recognising what each type of question is asking and constructing a precise short answer in response.
As these are skills which require a lot of practice, this student book has been divided into three parts, which focus on activities that will help students improve in these two areas:
- Part One: Reading Using Textual Form - introduces students to a range of texts that represent the textual forms that are most commonly found in Section I of Paper 1: Texts and Human Experiences examination papers and provides a framework for reading these texts.
- Part Two: Deconstructing Short-Answer Questions - teaches students how to analyse different types of short-answer questions. Students will also have opportunity to consider sample answers for each type of question, helping them to improve the mechanics of their writing.
- Part Three: Practice Examination Papers - includes two sample Paper 1: Texts and Human Experiences examination papers, one for Standard English and one for Advanced English. These papers have questions common to Standard and Advanced and include a marking criteria for each paper.
By completing the activities in this student book, students will improve the skills and confidence they need to perform well in this section of the Paper 1: Texts and Human Experiences examination.
|Year Level||Year 12|
|Date of Publication||September 2019|