Maths Gym For Secondary 2
Maths Gym is not for students who dislike mental effort!
After all, the three indispensable keys to learning mathematics are extensive understanding of mathematical concepts, a good memory and ample practice.This book provides you close to 400 problems to practise, enhance your understanding and help you memorise mathematical principles. Some of the more challenging problems in this book are there to prove that you are capable of solving them. This book is a mathematical gymnasium where “exercises” can be both beneficial and fun.
If you work out the problems in the practices from Sessions 1 to 11 on your own, you will likely do quite well in the coming examinations. You will find:
- Learning Objectives that detail what you should know about that topic.
- Useful Notes in the form of practical advice, reminders, worked examples and detailed
- explanations to help you recap what you have learnt about the topic and prepare you for the mental workout.
- Practice questions that train you specifically on a particular topic so that you become familiar with the concepts taught.
- Challenge Yourself! has questions designed to challenge you to work through the varied interesting sums and to apply what you have learnt.
If you are a Secondary One (Year 7) student and can work through the
problems in Challenge Yourself! with little or no help, you must be a
budding mathematician. You are more than ready for Secondary Two
Mathematics. If you continue to work at it, your talent will be in great
demand when you leave school. Congratulations!
If you are a Secondary Two (Year 8) student and can work through the problems in Chapter 11 with little or no help, you must be a budding mathematician. You are more than ready for Secondary Three Mathematics. Congratulations!
If you are not satisfied with only preparing for an examination, then Chapter 14 is for you. The questions there can prove that you have the creativity and the mental agility of a young mathematician!
|Year Level||Year 8|
|Date of Publication||2011|