Note that Maths in Focus Extension 2 Year 12 is a print-only title. There are no accompanying digital resources for students.
Maths in Focus Extension 2 Year 12 is a new title written for the new Mathematics Extension 2 course with the first HSC in 2020.
- Each chapter begins with a table of contents, chapter objectives and a Terminology glossary.
- Graded exercises include HSC-style questions and realistic applications.
- Investigations explore the syllabus in more detail, providing ideas for research projects and modelling activities.
- Did you know? sections contain interesting facts and applications of the mathematics learned in a chapter.
- Each chapter ends with a Test Yourself revision set.
- Practice sets (after several chapters) include exam-style questions from various chapters.
- Includes syllabus grids and codes, answers and an index.
- 1. Complex numbers
- 2. Mathematical proof
- 3. 3D vectors
- 4. Applying complex numbers
- Practice set 1
- 5. Further mathematical induction
- 6. Further integration
- 7. Mechanics
- Practice set 2
About the Authors
Jim Green is Head of Mathematics at Trinity Catholic College, Lismore and has been teaching mathematics for over 35 years. He has taught pre-service teachers at Southern Cross University, written HSC examinations and syllabus writing drafts, composed questions for the Australian Mathematics Competition and recently co-authored Nelson Senior Maths 11-12 Specialist Mathematics for the Australian Curriculum.
Janet Hunter is Head of Mathematics at Ascham School, Edgecliff and has worked in the finance sector and in tertiary/ adult education as a lecturer. She has been a senior HSC examiner and judge, an HSC Advice Line adviser, served on the editorial team for the MANSW journal, Reflections, and recently co-authored Nelson Senior Maths 11-12 Specialist Mathematics for the Australian Curriculum.