Mathscape 9 (5.1-5.2)
Mathscape 9 is designed for use by students completing Stage 4 and students ready for Stage 5.1 who wish to complete Stage 5.2 Mathematics by the end of Year 10. It is part of a series of 6 exciting books that responds to the NSW Board of Studies Mathematics 7-10 syllabus.
The book offers clear advice for all students with step-by-step instruction for each exercise. These are graded as Introductory, Consolidation and Further Application, making the mathematics accessible to all students.
Mathscape 9 offers comprehensive coverage of the syllabus. It treats the outcomes of the Working Mathematically strand as an implicit part of every activity. Additionally, there is a special 'Focus on Working Mathematically' feature in each chapter to take students further into the many processes of mathematical inquiry.
- caters for a wide range of abilities
- stage outcomes listed to help teachers program learning
- clear explanations to help students access concepts
- examples and solutions to model skills
- a great depth and breadth of graded exercises
- cross-curricular studies modelling “Working Mathematically”
- web links to the best available Mathematical sites
- 'Language Link with Macquarie' to help achieve literacy outcomes
- chapter reviews of all key chapter content
- answers to exercises
|Year Level||Year 9|
|Date of Publication||1 July 2003|