My Pals are Here! Maths Pupil's Book 2B (3rd Edition)
My Pals are Here! Maths (3rd Edition) is a widely adopted series in Singapore schools. It is written in line with the Singapore Ministry of Education's 2013 primary mathematics syllabus. Drawing from extensive research and feedback from teachers and pupils, the 3rd edition has evolved to further strengthen mathematical concept development through the inclusion of new features to meet the needs of educators, pupils and parents.
The 3rd edition emphasises the three clusters of mathematical processes:
Reasoning, communications and connections
- Chapter opener jump-starts learning in a fun and engaging way through poems, stories and common scenarios meant to capture pupils' interest.
- Maths Sharing offer opportunities for self-reflection.
- Review consolidates concepts taught within a chapter and offers further opportunities for self-reflection.
- Hands-on Activity and Game reinforces skills, concepts and problem-solving strategies through cooperative learning.
- Let's Explore provides opportunities to carry out investigative activities to apply learning.
Thinking skills and heuristics
- Learn introduces concepts through short tasks that involve concrete materials, and poses though-provoking questions to help develop pupils' thinking skills.
- Put on Your Thinking Cap! challenges pupils to solve non-routine questions.
|Year Level||Year 2|
|Date of Publication||2014|