National English Skills 7
This rich and innovative full-colour workbook comprises skills-based units that address all strands of the Australian Curriculum - Language, Literature and Literacy.
Written by some of Australia’s leading authors, this lively, student-friendly book provides eighteen skills-based units covering a wide range of popular topics.
- builds comprehension strategies, spelling and vocabulary development, and an understanding of grammar and language
- focuses on the concepts of culture, identity and context throughout
- provides high-interest literary, non-literary and media texts for appreciation, understanding and analysis
- explores the structures and language features of all kinds of texts, including persuasive and visual texts
- offers opportunities for students to apply their skills to create their own written, spoken and multimodal texts
- addresses the cross-curriculum priorities outlined in the curriculum.
- Texts – purpose and audience
- Texts and contexts
- Narrative texts
- How well do you spell?
- Looking at the movies
- The Dreaming and beyond
- Words in action
- Multimedia texts
- Understanding the novel
- Poets paint word pictures
- The short story
- Let’s punctuate
- Oral communication
*An earlier version of this title used to include digital components. As of January 2021, these digital components are no longer available.
|Year Level||Year 7|
|Date of Publication||2011|