New Fundamental Mathematics: Advanced + Extension 1 HSC Courses
This combined book is written for the new Year 12 Mathematics Advanced + Extension 1 courses, which are being introduced into the NSW syllabus in 2020.
This book has been written with two main objectives: it can be used as a textbook for classroom use, as well as a step-by-step resource to be used independently by students for their own self-study purposes. This book provides sufficiently clear explanations about each topic in the syllabus, with worked out examples and alternative methods, where applicable.
Questions are categorised by topic and graded from easy to hard, to help guide students in their learning. Each chapter also contains a set of review exercises and challenge problems, as well as fully worked solutions for each question. The review exercises will help consolidate students’ skills and knowledge, while improving their competence and confidence. The book also features challenge problems. While they may extend beyond the syllabus, they are designed to provide extra stimulus for highly motivated students and increase confidence for the harder questions in the Higher School Certificate examination.
This book builds upon what the Terry Lee series has been famous for: it includes many fully explained tips and tricks to help students understand and solve problems efficiently, while ultimately developing a greater enjoyment of the course.
- suitable for use as a classroom textbook or self-study resource
- clear explanations about each topic in the syllabus
- graded questions ranging from easy to hard
- review exercises and challenge problems in each chapter
- worked examples and alternative methods
- Review sections also covers various topics from Year 11
- colour-coded to highlight various theorems and study tips
- fully-worked solutions for all questions
- Graphing Techniques
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Applications of Calculus
- Introduction to Vectors
- Financial Mathematics
- Proof by Induction
- Data Analysis
- Binomial Distribution
|Year Level||Year 12|
|Date of Publication||September 2019|
|Subject||Maths, Mathematics Advanced, Mathematics Extension 1|