NSW HSC English Common Module: Exploring Human Experience in Selected Poems of Kenneth Slessor and Related Texts (Print)
NSW HSC English Common Module: Exploring Human Experience in Selected Poems of Kenneth Slessor and Related Texts is mapped to new NSW HSC English Stage 6 syllabus, specifically English Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences (2019-23 Prescriptions). It is suitable for the Standard, Advanced and English Studies courses.
The workbook provides students with the opportunity to learn about:
- studying a prescribed text and related texts
- the meaning of human experiences
- Slessor’s personal context and how this has influenced his work
- distinct qualities of the prescribed text and related texts in terms of construction, key ideas, content and language
- preparing for the NSW HSC English Paper 1 examination
- prepare for the NSW HSC English examination Paper 1, Sections I and II
- analyse how selected poems by Kenneth Slessor and related texts represent human experiences
- practise answering NSW HSC examination style questions for Sections I and II
- Part 1: Introduction to the Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences
- Part 2: Exploring Related Texts
- Part 3: Reading Tasks
- Part 4: Slessor's Context, Ideas and Concepts
- Part 5: Human Experiences and Slessor's 'Out of Time' and 'Wild Grapes'
- Part 6: Human Experiences and Slessor's 'Gulliver' and 'Vesper-song of the Reverend Samuel Marsden'
- Part 7: Human Experiences and Slessor's 'William Street' and 'Beach Burial'
- Part 8: Comparing and Contrasting Texts
- Part 9: Writing a Common Module Analytical Response
- Part 10: Sample English Exam Paper
Students have the opportunity to learn to:
|Year Level||Year 12|
|Date of Publication||2018|