Othello New Cambridge Shakespeare (3rd Edition)
The New Cambridge Shakespeare appeals to readers worldwide for its up-to-date scholarship and emphasis on performance. The series, edited by an expert international team, includes all Shakespeare's plays, sonnets and poems, presented in attractively designed volumes.
- Modern-spelling texts have been freshly established by each editor according to modern scholarly principles, distinguishing carefully between alternative quarto and Folio readings
- Lively introductions provide information on the date of composition, the theatrical and political context, sources, themes, language, critical reception and performance history
- Informative illustrations give life to each play and cast light on a wide spectrum of historical, social and theatrical issues. Recreations of Shakespeare's stage and photographs from recent productions are included
- Valuable commentary at the foot of each page explains word-meaning and allusions.
- Precise details of staging and performance help students visualise the plays in action.
- Stylish and spacious page layout preserves an uncluttered text and allows room for the user's annotations.
|Date of Publication||2018|