Science Essentials 9 NSW edition: Print & Digital (Available to Order)
Take a problem solving approach!
Developed specifically for the NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum, Science Essentials 9 includes full coverage of all required Outcomes and Content, including Knowledge and Understanding, and the Working Scientifically skills strands.
Activities and content that focus on values and attitudes, cross curricula priorities, and general capabilities are included.
This outstanding text integrates knowledge, skills and Science processes to create a deeper understanding of Science and its relationship to the world.
Chapter introductions present real-life problems to be investigated, building knowledge and providing the means to solve them through activities, articles and assignments.
- investigative, problem-solving and thinking curriculum approach
- hands-on inquiries and investigations
- skills sections that develop a variety of practical and theoretical skills
- a variety of practical and theoretical skills developed
- Scientists-at-work profiles in every chapter
- thinking skills questions, that check depth of knowledge and understanding
- self-management section, to teach independent study skills
- checkpoint questions at the end of each chapter.
Digital support at Macmillan's digital home - onestopdigital.com.au. Each student book comes with 15 months access to digital student support that can be used on any device at any time. This support includes:
- an interactive digital version of Science Essentials 9 for NSW
- videos, drag-and-drop activities, animations, interactive crosswords, simulations, worksheets, podcasts and more
- online tests and markbook to enhance learning.
1 Everyday reactions
2 Atomic structure
3 Health and nutrition
4 Body balance
7 Electrical energy
8 Light energy
9 Using radiation
10 Forensic skills
11 Plate tectonics
12 Going into space
|Year Level||Year 9|
|Date of Publication||2013|