Science Now directly supports the Australian Curriculum Science component. The information and supporting activities contained in the series will give students a sound understanding of the natural and made environment. Science Now workbooks 1–6 are designed to develop students’ scientific understanding of biological, chemical, physical and astronomical sciences through the various content strands: Science Understanding, Science as a Human Endeavour and Science Enquiry Skills.
This CD-ROM contains a non-printable PDF version of Science Now 5 designed to be projected through an IWB or onto a standard whiteboard. The purpose of the disc is to make both the marking and explaining of content easier for the teacher.
Student Book Features
Provided as a non-printable PDF on the CD-ROM
- Develops understanding of physical sciences, chemical sciences (material world), biological sciences (living world) and earth and space sciences.
- Information is presented in numerous ways including:
- breakout boxes
- Plenty of hands-on learning through investigations and experiments.
- Addresses the Australian Curriculum.
- Authored by an Australian teacher.
- Pull-out answers provided in each book.
- Focuses on building strong science inquiry skills.
- Inferential questioning included in almost every unit.
- Beautifully presented in full colour.
- Curriculum alignment grid printed on the inside front cover.