Stage 6 Design & Technology: A Student's Workbook
The new Work Health & Safety (WHS) information (replacing OHS) is included in this edition.
This Workbook presents up-to-date information on designing & producing in an easy to read format. It provides students and teachers with:
- the latest developments in: iterative design, rapid prototyping, intellectual property, WHS, resources, student tasks on each content area which are related to syllabus requirements, reuse and recycling, contrasts Australian designers with overseas designers etc, etc...
- practical material experiences tasks because “a good Product Designer must have a wide experience with different materials” - John Brown, Design Resource International. No other D&T books offer this important aspect for the development of skills essential for the design and construction of the MDP.
- fun when completing Lateral Thinking Challenges aimed to develop innovative thought for student’s MDP.
- an analysis of how to answer the different types of D & T HSC examination questions.
- all of the (up-dated) elements of the course so that students can gain confidence from private study of the Industry Study, Graphics, Major and Minor Design Projects, Content areas, MDP Examination Criteria and marking schedule and the HSC Written Paper.
- a step-by-step approach to the MDP and provides an example of a MDP Portfolio which achieved maximum marks and was placed 2nd in NSW.