Succeeding in Science 5 (Basic Skills No. 163)
The aim of the Series "Succeeding in Science" has been to supply enough material to enable students to gain an insight into the scientific and technological world around them. The Series has been written to cover basic Science & Technology topics for year 1 to year 7. Science however, is not simply a body of knowledge, but a controlled exploration. Accordingly, where appropriate, probing questions and easy experiments are included to extend comprehension and understanding and to stimulate in students a desire to investigate.
In Books 1 and 2 (Years 1 and 2), questions have been especially framed to develop the student's visual and verbal comprehension.
In Books 3 to 7 (Years 3 to 7), each topic contains a formal section designed to test how well the student is able to think his or her way through a problem.
Each book follows the format of the Basic Skills Series with comprehension questions and removable answers.
- The Planet Earth: the solar system, the world of space, our cyclic world.
- Life on Earth: what are living things, environments.
- Investigating Animals: insects, reptiles, birds, fish, mammals.
- Researching Plants: flowering plants, ferns, fungi, mosses and algae.
- The Seeing Eye: the eye, seeing is believing?
- Answers and some experiments.
Graeme Wilson is a much travelled author and experienced teacher who has written numerous geography and social science textbooks.
|Year Level||Year 5|
|Date of Publication||2003|
- Succeeding in Science 1 (Basic Skills No. 159)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95
- Succeeding in Science 2 (Basic Skills No. 160)Now: $10.76 Was: $11.95
- Succeeding in Science 3 (Basic Skills No. 161)Now: $10.76 Was: $12.95
- Succeeding in Science 4 (Basic Skills No. 162)Now: $10.76 Was: $12.95
- Succeeding in Science 6 (Basic Skills No. 164)Now: $10.76 Was: $12.95
- Succeeding in Science 7 (Basic Skills No. 165)Now: $10.76 Was: $12.95