Success in Science Fiction 2015-2020 HSC
The Extension Success Series is designed to provide a comprehensive guide to each elective in the Extension English course. Each book was written to provide an in-depth analysis of each of the texts set for study as well as other relevant information.
This book contains notes and activities on Science Fiction that will enable you to get a working definition and complete understanding of the topic.
Science Fiction contains:
• plot summary • related texts
• character analysis • workshop activities
• theme study • a variety of writing tasks
• relationship to the elective • questions and short responses
Additionally with each text questions and activities are provided for students to come to their own conclusions about the elective. Specific reference is made to the elective in relation to each text set for study for the 2015 – 2020 HSC.
Science Fiction contains study notes and activities on:
- Frank Herbert’s Dune
- William Gibson’s Neuromancer
- Ursula Le Guin’s The Left Hand of Darkness
- Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner
- Dean Parisot’s Galaxy Quest
|Year Level||Year 12|
|Date of Publication||2015|