Targeting Maths Problem Solving Level 2 Middle Primary
All students need to learn how to solve problems. Problem solving is
a key component of the working mathematically strand of the mathematics
syllabus and there are many strategies that students can learn to use
to help them become more successful problem solvers. This book focuses
on nine of the key strategies used in mathematical problem solving.
Students with problem-solving skills and strategies can:
- Use problem-solving strategies to investigate and understand mathematical content.
- Solve problems that arise in mathematical and everyday situations
- Use mathematics in meaningful situations
- Be active in the problem-solving process and think about the correctness of answers with respect to the original problem
- gain confidence in working mathematically.
|Year Level||Year 3, Year 4|