The Reading Activity Handbook
The Reading Activity Handbook: Purposeful reading responses to enrich your literacy programme is a comprehensive collection of reading response ideas that includes 19 photocopy masters to support students’ learning. It is designed for teachers at all levels of primary and lower secondary.
Providing students with opportunities to engage in purposeful reading responses has many benefits including:
- allowing teachers to work with individuals and small groups
- creating opportunities to observe and monitor students’ comprehension
- providing authentic reading, writing, talking and creative experiences for students
- producing quality work that students value.
The responses in this book will benefit your students by:
- providing opportunities for student choice, which increases student motivation and engagement
- deepening levels of comprehension by requiring them to return to the text for different purposes
- enabling them to make personal connections with literature
- developing independence and positive self-image as a reader.
The Reading Activity Handbook: Purposeful reading responses to enrich your literacy programme is an essential reference to teachers when planning literacy sessions.
- 1 Locating and organising information
- 2 Focusing on words
- 3 Exploring characters, setting and plot
- 4 Creating visual responses
- 5 Engaging in writing
- 6 Organising for talk
- Photocopy Masters
|Date of Publication||30 October 2009|
- The Reading BookNow: $60.30 Was: $67.00
- The Writing Book: A Practical Guide for TeachersNow: $58.45 Was: $64.95
- The Oral Language BookNow: $53.95 Was: $59.95
- The Publishing and Display HandbookNow: $49.45 Was: $54.95
- Teaching Reading Comprehension Strategies: A Practical Classroom GuideNow: $49.45 Was: $54.95
- The Essential Oral Language Toolkit: A Practical Guide For TeachersNow: $56.95 Was: $62.95