Words Their Way Australian Supplement DVD
Words Their Way is a highly successful and highly regarded program on word study for phonics, vocabulary and spelling instruction. It allows the teacher to assess and clearly identify the spelling stage of each student, and to tailor activities that engage students so they actively construct their own knowledge of spelling patterns.
The Australian Supplement has been developed as a direct result of feedback from Australian teachers. It works in addition to the five companion volumes that cover the five spelling stages:
- Letter and Picture Sorts for Emergent Spellers
- Word Sorts for Letter Name–Alphabetic Spellers
- Word Sorts for Within Word (Pattern Spellers)
- Word Sorts for Syllables and Affixes Spellers
- Words Sorts for Derivational Relations Spellers.
- Australian Adjustments chart for each spelling stage, summarising the revisions made to cater for the Australian classroom
- Australian Curriculum: English and Words Their Way chart, correlating the program against the layers of orthography, Words Their Way spelling stages and Australian Curriculum: English spelling stages
- Teaching Notes for each spelling stage, providing teaching tips, replacement word sorts that cater for Australian spellings and pronunciations, and extra word sorts that fill gaps between the program and Australian Curriculum: English
- Digital word sort activities for use on interactive whiteboards and classroom computers
- Video and case studies from Australian classrooms to help implement the program in your school.
Recommended Digital Specifications
- OS X.10.2-10.7.5
- 2G RAM recommended
- Documents and spreadsheets are best viewed in Microsoft® Word or Excel. They may open in other software but may not appear or function as expected.
- The latest Adobe Reader
|Date of Publication||2012|