Antiquity 1 Year 11 4E Student book + obook assess
The Antiquity series has been updated for the 2018 Ancient History Stage 6 syllabus. This two-volume series, Antiquity 1 and Antiquity 2, offers complete support for teachers and their students in 2018 and beyond.
- All content has been explicitly aligned to the new Ancient History Stage 6 syllabus.
- Expert teachers have developed trusted, in-depth and appropriately levelled content.
- A new, simplified structure organises content into manageable spreads and topics.
- Unambiguous language is used throughout with visuals to support learning.
- obook assess provides comprehensive student and teacher digital support, including answers to every question in the book, assessment and exam preparation support, videos and more.
- New: Content includes the latest scientific developments in the field, up-to-date case studies and source material, and a unique focus on ethics – including the contestability of history: ‘Who owns the bones?’.
- New: ‘Focus questions’, ‘Focus concepts and skills’, and ‘Learning outcomes’ are clearly stated at the beginning of each chapter to guide teachers and students through the content.
- New: ‘Check your learning’ questions for each topic allow students to review and expand on what they have learned.
- New: ‘Understanding and using the sources’ questions throughout each chapter enhance student understanding of how to use and critically analyse historical sources.
- New: A ‘Profile’ for each chapter allows for more in-depth learning about a historically significant person, event or phenomenon.
- New: Bolstered by a digital platform, teachers will be equipped with an array of resources to effectively deliver the course, and students will be able to interact with content using a variety of digital tools, making for an engaging and enjoyable history lesson.
PART A: INVESTIGATING ANCIENT HISTORY – THE NATURE, METHODS AND ISSUES OF ANCIENT HISTORY
- Chapter 1: The investigation of ancient sites and sources
- Chapter 2: Historical authentication and reliability
- Chapter 3: The representation of the ancient past
- Chapter 4: Preservation, conservation and reconstruction of ancient sites
- Chapter 5: Cultural heritage and the role of museums
- Chapter 6: The treatment and display of human remains
- Chapter 7: Historical investigation
PART B: INVESTIGATING ANCIENT HISTORY – CASE STUDIES
- Chapter 8: Tutankhamun’s tomb
- Chapter 9: Thera
- Chapter 10: Troy
- Chapter 11: The Celts
- Chapter 12: Ancient Australia: Lake Mungo
- Chapter 13: Ashoka
- Chapter 14: Persepolis
- Chapter 15: Palmyra and the Silk Road
PART C: FEATURES OF ANCIENT SOCIETIES
- Chapter 16: Women in ancient Greece and ancient Rome: a comparative study
- Chapter 17: Death and funerary customs: Old Kingdom Egypt
- Chapter 18: Weapons and warfare: Assyria
|Year Level||Year 11|
|Date of Publication||2018|
- Unity Grammar Year 11 2021
- Popular Year 11 Texts and Study Guides
- Tangara School for Girls Year 11 2021
- Tara Anglican School for Girls Year 11 2021
- Malek Fahd Year 11 2021 (All Campuses)
- St Andrews Marayong Year 11 2021
- Gilroy College Year 11 2021
- Central Coast Grammar School Year 11 2021