The Ancient World Transformed Year 11 (Print & Digital)
- Buy 5 for $71.96 each and save 10%
- Buy 10 for $67.96 each and save 15%
- Buy 20 for $63.96 each and save 20%
The Ancient World Transformed is written specifically for the new Stage 6 Ancient History syllabus to help students develop the key historical thinking and writing skills required for success in their Year 11 and Year 12 studies and beyond.
Written for the new Ancient History syllabus by expert author Pamela Bradley, The Ancient World Transformed equips students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to investigate, reconstruct and conserve the past. The updated series now includes a new Year 11 textbook in addition to a second edition of the Year 12 textbook and a third edition of the popular Cities of Vesuvius: Pompeii and Herculaneum.
- Fresh, engaging and in-depth content across a wide range of topics in the study of Egypt, Greece, Rome and the Near East offer a flexible option for teachers.
- Each chapter has been carefully structured to allow students to develop the critical analysis skills required of an historian and include valuable overviews, activities and tools such as graphic organisers to develop critical thinking and writing skills and also enable effective revision.
- Comprehensive exam preparation support includes end-of-chapter summaries and activities that directly address syllabus outcomes, source-based exam-style questions and additional resources for further investigation.
- The Interactive Textbook provides a range of additional elective chapters and rich digital content to bring history to life.
The student text delivered in full colour in print format.
The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code supplied with the Print Textbook.
The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is downloaded from Cambridge GO using the unique 16-character code that is included with the purchase of the Print Textbook and the Interactive Textbook.
Part 1: Investigating Ancient History
- Chapter 1 The methods and issues involved in an investigation of the past and historical investigation
Part 2: Investigating Ancient History - Case Studies
- Chapter 2 Deir el-Medina
- Chapter 3 Alexandria
- Chapter 4 Boudicca
- Chapter 5 Teotihuacan
- Chapter 6 Palmyra and the Silk Road
Part 3: Features of Ancient Societies
- Chapter 7 Ancient Egypt – Power and Image
- Chapter 8 Ancient Assyria – Weapons and Warfare
- Chapter 9 Ancient Rome – Slavery
- Chapter 10 Ancient Greece – Women (DIGITAL ONLY)
|Year Level||Year 11|
|Date of Publication||2018|