Modern History Transformed Year 11 (Print & Digital)
Making the connection between history and its relevance to the lives of today’s students, Modern History Transformed is written specifically for the new Stage 6 Modern History syllabus to help students develop the key historical thinking and writing skills required for success in their Year 11 and Year 12 studies and beyond.
Written for the new Modern History syllabus, this series helps to equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to investigate the forces that have shaped the world today. The series comprehensively covers the Year 12 core to meet course requirements and prepare students for HSC success. It also provides fresh, engaging and in-depth content across a range of popular electives.
- With engaging coverage of a range of Modern History topics, students are encouraged to debate and analyse historical issues and explore their relevance to the 21st Century.
- Each chapter has been carefully structured to allow students to develop the critical analysis skills required of an historian and include valuable overviews, activities and tools such as graphic organisers to develop critical thinking and writing skills and also enable effective revision.
- The striking design and a host of visually stimulating material is designed to foster student curiosity and imagination.
- A range of primary and secondary sources and historical interpretations provide evidence for students to use to examine the past.
- Comprehensive exam preparation support includes end-of-chapter summaries and activities that directly address syllabus outcomes, exam-style questions and additional resources for further investigation.
- The Interactive Textbook provides a range of additional elective chapters and rich digital content to bring history to life.
- The student text delivered in full colour in print format.
- The online version of the student text delivers a host of interactive features to enhance the teaching and learning experience of the student text. It is accessed online through Cambridge GO using a unique 16-character code supplied with the Print Textbook.
- The downloadable PDF version of the student text enables students to take notes, highlight key passages, and bookmark pages. It is downloaded from Cambridge GO using the unique 16-character code that is included with the purchase of the Print Textbook and the Interactive Textbook.
Part 1 – Investigating Modern History - The Nature of Modern History
- 1 The Investigation of Historical Sites and Sources: Death, Disease and Division: The Quarantine Station
- 2 The Construction of Modern Histories: The Rise of Donald Trump and the Challenge of History
- 3 The Representation and Commemoration of the Past: The Day After: A Film that Changed History – Digital version only
Part 2 - Investigating Modern History: Case Studies
- 4 The Decline and Fall of the Romanov Dynasty
- 5 The Digital Revolution – Digital version only
- 6 The Meiji Restoration
- 7 The Cuban Revolution and its Impact in Latin America
Part 3 - Historical Inquiry Skills
- 8 The Historical Investigation Project
Part 4 - The Shaping of the Modern World
- 9 Overview
- 10 World War I: The Historical Context
- 11 World War I: The Nature of the War
- 12 World War I: The Legacy
|Year Level||Year 11|
|Date of Publication||2018|
- Tara Anglican School for Girls Year 12 2020
- St Maroun's College Year 11 2020
- Popular Year 11 Texts and Study Guides
- Tara Anglican School for Girls Year 11 2020
- Marian Catholic College Year 11 2020